Chicken Butterfly is an absolute party dish. Just made with already available ingredients this dish is juicy, crispy, and flavorful. This dish takes your ordinary chicken and transforms it into a culinary masterpiece.
Whether you’re a fan of zesty lemon and garlic, smoky paprika, or a medley of fresh herbs, this dish welcomes your creativity.
The star of this dish is chicken and potato. Marinate the chicken with spices, half fold the potato slice, and screw tooth pic in it. fry and enjoy.
This dish brings together tender chicken, flavorful spices, and crispy potatoes for a delicious meal that’s sure to please your taste buds.
When you take a first bite, you’ll understand why the Chicken Butterfly is a game-changer. The exterior boasts a crispiness, while the interior remains moist and tender.
What Does Chicken Butterfly Taste Like
Chicken Butterfly is crispy, juicy, a little spicy, and flavorful. It is made with chicken, potato, and some spices.
Chicken Butterfly is a delicious dish that tempts your taste buds with its unique blend of flavors and textures. The crispy exterior offers a satisfying crunch, giving way to moist and juicy chicken cubes within. The marinade imparts a subtle spiciness, adding a hint of warmth to each bite.
Chicken Butterfly stands out by cleverly including a slice of potato for extra crispiness and a delightful potato flavor. The toothpick, holding the potato-wrapped chicken, adds convenience and visual appeal.
Also read: What Does Camel Meat Taste Like?
What I Like About This Dish
This dish is versatile, you can customize it with your taste preference and serve it as a snack or starter at family gatherings, with evening tea, and at parties.
Chicken Butterfly is just awesome! It’s crispy, juicy, flavorful, and has a little kick of spice that I love. But what gets me is the potato slice wrap the chicken. It enhances the taste and appearance too.
It’s not just tasty; it looks cool too. Every bite is this perfect combo of crispy and salty potato and flavorful crispy and juicy chicken that never disappoints. Honestly, it’s my go-to when I want something yummy and fun.
How to Make Chicken Butterfly
Chicken butterfly is a very easy and simple recipe and also a party pleaser. Follow the instructions and you will get the detailed recipe.
Ingredients For Chicken Butterfly
- Chicken (250 gm)
- Ginger paste (1 tbl spoon)
- Garlic paste (1 tbl spoon)
- Red chili powder (1 tbl spoon)
- Chili flakes (1/2 tbl spoon)
- Black pepper powder (1/4 tbl spoon)
- Chat masala (1 tbl spoon)
- Chicken masala (1/2 tbl spoon)
- Garam masala (1/4 tbl spoon)
- Lemon juice (1/2 tbl spoon)
- Mustard oil (2 tbl spoon)
- Corn flour (1 tbl spoon)
- Refined flour (1 tbl spoon)
- Potato medium size (2 potatoes)
Direction for Making Chicken Butterfly
Making this versatile dish is very easy it is made with just a few already available ingredients.
Start by preparing a simple corn flour slurry. Mix the corn flour with water until you achieve a runny consistency. do not thicken the slurry. This slurry will help coat our potato slices and create a crispy outer layer once fried.
Next, let’s slice our medium-sized potatoes into chip-sized pieces. These will serve as the perfect vessel for our marinated chicken cubes. Try to evenly slice the potato chips, they should be not too sliced or too thick.
Speaking of which, it’s time to marinate our chicken. Cut 250 grams of chicken into cube shapes and marinate them with a blend of spices. In a bowl, combine 1 tablespoon each of garlic paste and ginger paste along with 1 tablespoon of red chili powder, 1/2 tablespoon of chili flakes, 1/4 tablespoon of pepper powder, 1 tablespoon of chat masala, 1/2 tablespoon of chicken masala, 1/4 tablespoon of garam masala, 1/2 tablespoon of lemon juice, 2 tablespoons of mustard oil, 1 tablespoon of corn flour, and 1 tablespoon of refined flour.
Mix everything well until the chicken is evenly coated with the aromatic spices and keep it aside for 30 minutes.
Now, it’s time to assemble our Chicken Butterfly! Take each potato slice and dip it into the cornflour slurry. evenly coat the potato chips in slurry and Then, wrap each marinated chicken cube in a potato slice which creates a butterfly-like shape.
This not only adds a unique presentation but also combines the flavors of the chicken and potatoes beautifully.
Once our Chicken Butterflies are assembled, it’s time to fry them to perfection. Heat oil in a pan over medium flame and carefully place the Chicken Butterflies in the hot oil.
Fry them for about 4-5 minutes on each side until they turn golden brown and crispy. To achieve that extra crisp, increase the flame to high for the final 2-3 minutes of frying. Garnish with some coriander leaves.
And there you have it. Crispy, flavorful Chicken Butterflies ready to be served! Whether as a snack or a starter at parties, this dish is sure to be a hit at your next gathering.
Enjoy the explosion of flavors with every bite, and feel free to experiment with different spices to suit your taste preferences.
How to Serve Chicken Butterfly
For the best experience serve the hot chicken butterfly with coriander mint sauce. Just spoon some of that green goodness into a small bowl and serve with a hot chicken butterfly. The combination of the crunchy chicken and the refreshing sauce is a taste sensation!
You can also pair it with mayonnaise or yogurt mint dip. You can serve it with any of your favorite dips except any sweet dips like tomato sauce.
I will recommend you eat as soon as possible after frying because the potato and chicken will get soggy and it will ruin the taste. You can store the marinated chicken and fry them when you want to serve.
Pro Tips for Making the Chicken Butterfly
- Ensure that the chicken is thoroughly marinated to absorb the rich flavors. Let it rest for at least 30 minutes to allow the spices to absorb in the meat.
- The corn flour slurry should have a runny consistency, not too thick. This helps in creating a crispy outer layer on the potato slices when fried.
- Slice the potatoes evenly to ensure that they cook uniformly and look good. The thickness of the potato slices should be neither too thin nor too thick.
- Preheat the oil to the right temperature before frying. Cooking in medium hot oil ensures that the Chicken Butterflies cook quickly and maintain a crispy exterior while keeping the interior juicy.
- Increase the flame to high during the final 2-3 minutes of frying for an extra crispy finish. This step adds crunch to the Chicken Butterflies.
- For the best experience, serve the Chicken Butterflies hot. Eating them fresh ensures that the potatoes and chicken remain crispy.
- While coriander mint sauce is a classic accompaniment, you can experiment with different dips like mayonnaise or yogurt mint dip. Avoid sweet dips to maintain the savory profile of the dish.
- If preparing in advance, store the marinated chicken separately from the potato slices. Assemble and fry the Chicken Butterflies just before serving to maintain their crispiness.
How To Make Chicken Butterfly, Easy Recipe And Pro Tips
- Gather all required ingredients
- Marinate the chicken ahead of time
- Prepare the dish within 30 minutes and enjoy